A string of data and opinions have been released in recent days that support the view that the global tech startup ecosystem centre is shifting towards Asia and Australasia – where population growth and performance are increasingly leading the world.
- CrunchBase says US Regional VC investments in tech are in marked long term decline
- Peter Thiel speaking from Saudi Arabia says it is time to look outside North America
- Softbank of Japan raised and deployed a $100BILLION Vision Fund and it is performing already
- Softbank of Japan is planning a further $888 BILLION Vision Fund
- Australian has $500 to $800 BILLION to invest in tech just in retirement funds
- Japanese regulators just licensed 11 crypto currency exchanges
- World class startups are moving from USA to Australia to IPO
These new data points reinforce our long held view that global tech startups will increasingly be created and executed from Asia and Australasia because of the largest population pool, growth rates, capital and increasingly education and thriving local tech startup ecosystems based on reaching global markets.
Your portfolio can get exposure to these opportunities via Cooper & Co.